Monday, August 20, 2012

Where Am I Going?

I have found myself without a local church to worship at. Now what do I do? I began to pray for the Holy Spirit to guide me and direct me to the church of His choice for me. I visited several churches some more than once, and deep down inside I knew those were not the churches where I belonged.

I Corinthians 12:18 says: "But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased"

As you begin to seek the direction and the church God would have you to go to remember the scripture above and listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. Often times we stay or go to a church because it is convenient to our home, or comfortable to what we are used to, we may like the seats, the singing and last but not least the pastor. But that is not the basis for why we should go there. We should be willing to be placed by God; Himself, into a body of believers as He has chosen. This may not be your first choice.

So how do you decide if this is where God wants you. When walking with Jesus, as you sit and listen to the word of God, the Holy Spirit will confirm in your inner man if this is where you need to be.

I have been at the my church now for a year and a half and I am truly in love with the body here. Yet, when I first sat down the very first time, I was diffidently out of my comfort zone. It was smaller than I was used to, yet a very pretty church, praise team and music was great, the anointing on the pastor was obvious, great message. But I was not used to such praise and adoration of Jesus during the praise and worship time. I stood there unsure of what was happening around me and at the same time I knew I liked it. It was right. People were honestly telling Jesus they loved Him and I found myself saying "I love you Jesus, I adore you" I knew I was home.

Following Jesus meant I left what I was used to and was willing to let the Holy Spirit guide me to the place He wanted me. I have never been happier, I am feasting on the Word of God each time I enter the doors, and I am serving my Lord as He directs me. I make no decision without asking Jesus first.

No comments:

Post a Comment