Friday, November 30, 2012

STORM IS COMING

When you begin this journey of walking with God, it will not always be a mountain top experience, there will be valleys and storms along the way, so be prepared. Yet there are times when the storms are so strong we think Lord if this continues one more day surely I will drown. That is when we have a choice either trust in Jesus or sink into the Sea of Despair. Look at the scripture below:

Luke 4:35-39
35 on the same day, when evening had come He said to them "Let us cross over to the other side" (this was a promise from Jesus they would get to the other side) 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him He was. And other little boats were also with Him (when they left His very presence was with them) 37 And a great windstorm arose,and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep. And they awoke Him and said to Him, Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing? ( notice where Jesus is there is His Peace) 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea "Peace be still" and the wind ceased and there was a great calm (there is power in the name of Jesus)

The day you were truly born again, Jesus gave you a promise "I will never leave you nor forsake you" Jesus through the indwelling Holy Spirit is continually with us. He told us in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither be afraid" And again Philippians 2:9-10  Therefore God has highly exalted Him and given Him a name which is above every name 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven,and those on the earth, and of those under the earth. In other words at the mere mention of His name JESUS even the demons must flee, He will take over our storm and in the middle of it we will find peace.

Two years ago I had realized that I desired a closer walk with Jesus, it was a journey of trust and faith. One I really didn't know where the path would lead me personally but I was willing to go the journey. Recently while I was praying I heard myself say Lord what ever it takes I want to walk closer to you.
As soon as the words were out of my mouth I said "oh no" because when you pray "whatever it takes" expect God to run with it.

Needless to say, two storms began to emerge on me and I cried out to Jesus, I'm drowning. Sitting at church  a couple of Sundays later, it was a service to minister to our storms, as I listened God said very gently "Linda, it is in the middle of your storm that your will be walking closest to me, because in the storm I am with you, holding on to you I promise I will not let you drown."

I would like to say my storm ended with that, but it didn't. I asked my Lord how much longer and why is this so necessary. He send me to James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials 2 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance 4But let endurance have it's perfect work, that you may be mature and complete lacking nothing

Now I see Lord you are building endurance in me. There are times in our life that we must stay on Trust Street awhile, sometimes longer than we want. It is on this street of Trust that we see nothing changing, yet we still believe, we still trust, our faith is growing stronger, and yes our endurance is strengthening so when the next storm comes will will be prepared. We will have the testimony of our past storms to assure us God is still God and He is good.

As I prayed this morning, my Lord spoke very softly to me and said "Linda, I have seen your tears and I have heard your prayers, be assured this storm will not last, I have everything under my control."

This is word for anyone going through a storm in their lives. Storms, and valleys are only for a season. It is for our learning, for us to walk closer to our Jesus. That is why we can have joy in spite of the storm. We will get to the other side, be encouraged, press on, be steadfast, Jesus loves you and as His word says "greater is He that is in us, than  he that is in the world"

Be Blessed, Be Real. Someone is watching us who may not know Jesus, let them see Jesus in us in the middle of our storm.










No comments:

Post a Comment