Saturday, July 20, 2013

INCREASE MY FAITH



As I have been on this journey; I have noticed that the church today does not experience the supernatural manifestations from God with healings and miracles, as the early church did. Why, when I speak to my mountain it just stands and laughs at me. In my prayer time I asked the Lord "why do we not see healing and miracles today?" Jesus answered "Faith is the problem". I said but Lord I have the faith to believe You heal, I have faith to believe I can speak to my mountain and it be moved" He answered "you have enough faith to believe, but not enough to receive" So I get it we have some faith but not enough faith in these areas. So what brought the church to this?

The church has developed a mindset over time that says things like this: Healing and miracles was for the early church not for the modern church, or they did not have the doctors and medicine we do, God uses doctors today to heal, or I believe He will heal you, but will He heal me or well if it is God's will. So lets examine each one.

God is an unchangeable God, the Word says Jesus is the same today as He was yesterday. Jesus is the Healer.

Yes, God will use doctors and medicine to bring healing. But what has happened is the people of the founding church were desperate for healing and they only had Jesus to turn to. Today we turn first to the doctor then when we receive a bad report we become desperate and turn to Jesus. You see we should always seek first Jesus and also go to the doctor, take our medicine but place our trust in the healing power of Jesus, not the doctor nor the medicine.

"IF" is a big word, it really says "DOUBT" and doubt says "UNBLIEF". So when we doubt He will do it for us we are saying we don't believe He loves us enough to do it for us. Oh we so need to wake up to this one thing. He loves me and you enough to go to a cross for us, to die for us, is that love not enough to cause us to believe?

Yes, no matter how long we pray or how hard we pray His will overrides and like He spoke to Paul "My grace is sufficient".

The disciples asked Jesus to increase their faith in Luke 17:5. So I asked Lord increase my faith, and immediately the Holy Spirit took me to the two scriptures below. He spoke to me "Do you understand what you are asking for?"

JAMES 1:2-3 NLT
Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
 

1 Peter 1:7 NLT

These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.


 It is through the fires and trials of life that we walk through that increases our faith in Jesus. On the path that leads to increased faith, we will learn more of Him and He will reveal more of us to ourselves. Testing and trials are never pleasurable but the end result will be worth it all. Some trials we bring on ourselves they are consequences of bad decisions, some race into our lives by the enemy to tear down and destroy, though God will never tempt (these are not temptations) they are testing's to shape us and change us to be more like Christ. Job, Daniel, Moses, Abraham all understood whatever comes must pass through the hand of an Almighty God. Listen to what is recorded in Daniel chapter 3: three Hebrew men stood their ground they would not compromise their faith by bowing down to a false god. Because of this they were to be thrown into the ovens. They declared our God will deliver us and if not we will never bow down and worship another god. So they turned up the heat, in fact it was so hot the men taking them up were consumed by the fire. Yet, guess who was there in the fire waiting on them, JESUS. Whatever fire we go through here in this life JESUS goes with us. In fact in Daniel 3:27 it is recorded that the fire had no power over their bodies. Did you get that; no circumstance, no situation, no test, no trial, no FIRE has power to destroy us, for the BLOOD of my JESUS is greater and more powerful than any fire I might face.

So after all this I said "Lord I am willing to walk in the fire"

So do you do Facebook if so pull up the following page on Facebook search and click like: We Support Jesus Christ it is to lift up Jesus and to encourage one another, we encourage by testifying of God's work in our lives and by praying for one another.

Are you looking for a bible study? check out www.lindagroberts.com we are finishing a study in Galatians and then we may be looking at the life of Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment