Saturday, August 10, 2013

LIVING IN THE ORDINARY DAYS



MY SOURCE OF LIFE IN MY ORDINARY DAYS

I have been considering my walk with Jesus, I have been reflecting on the God Moments in my life. These are the moments when God has stepped in and revealed Himself to me and has come to my rescue. Moments when I was in need of a Savior, moments when I needed a miracle to survive, moments when I needed direction, forgiveness and on and on but you get the picture. I love the scripture I am going to enclose now:

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

We all like those great and mighty things that God desires to show us. We call these our God Moments and rightly so. The scriptures are full of people who had their God Moments.

Moses had a God moment at the Burning Bush, Ruth had a God moment in the field of Boaz, Esther had a God moment in the presence of the king, Peter had a God moment when the rooster crowed, and another when Jesus rose from the dead and said go get Peter, Lazarus had a God moment when he was in the tomb, Paul had a God moment on the road to Damascus, Stephen had a God moment when he was being stoned and he looked up into heaven and saw the face of Jesus standing beside the Father. I could go on and on but I will let you add to the list.

These are God moments that are very real, unforgettable moments that change your life permanently. Then we have the miracle God moments, you know the ones; a bad report from the doctor and in faith by prayer Jesus steps in and healing occurs, the times you find yourself in a dangerous situation and Jesus steps in and you are in His protection. Everyone likes the miracle, right. I heard a pastor say one time "that to be living from miracle to miracle means you are living from crisis to crisis" I must agree, I do have my share of crisis and need a miracle that can only come from God. But what about the "Ordinary Days". And there is my title.

You know those days, that we call day after day, getting up, going to work, cooking meals, taking care of home, taking care of kids, etc. etc. etc. What about the God moments in those days? Each day with Jesus is living and trusting in His direction.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.

So does that mean we do not have God moments when living in the ordinary days? Of course we do! The same pastor I quoted above said this "Instead of living from crisis to crisis he would rather be living and walking in the blessing of God each day" I must agree.

Ephesians 1:3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.

So here is my ordinary day; I woke up !! ( a God moment) I said Good morning Lord, He said good morning (a God moment) I said I love You Lord, He said I love you ( a God moment ) I got ready for work and thanked Him for having a job, He said you are welcome ( a God moment ), I thanked Him for the food I ate ( a God moment ) at work as I begin to get tired and my legs and body will ache I say Lord give me the strength to do this job, and He gives me the strength to finish my job ( a God moment ) I come home to take a nap and say Lord please let me rest only one hour and in one hour I wake up (a God moment ), I work on the ministries He has given me and I see Him at work in them and we have (a God moment), It becomes late and I am ready for bed and I say good night Lord and I love You He says good night and I love you ( a God moment) I wake up later unable to sleep and know I need to be praying so I ask Lord what do I need to be praying about? He tells me by given me a prayer (a God moment ). Tonight I woke up with this post in my heart, I know that Jesus is directing this so I am writing it now and I know this is ( a God moment ) because someone needs to hear this. Just living and walking in the ordinary days are filled with God moments we just need to learn to look for them. Learn to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, learn to watch for God's movement around you, learn to pray continually and ask God to give you a prayer, believe me He will. GOD MOMENTS HAPPEN IN THE ORDINARY DAYS.

Be Blessed this day. If you are looking for a bible study check out the Lion of Judah Bible Study at www.lindagroberts.com we just finished the Book of Galatians and will be beginning next week a study on Joseph a Man in Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment