Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Trap of the Enemy

After I was born again, I immediately bought a Bible (red leather King James), found a church, got involved in bible studies. In fact the first book I read after salvation was the book of James and was thrilled that I could understand it especially chapter 3. You see I had a foul mouth, and through the grace of God He cleaned it up first. I brought a lot of baggage in with my relationship with Jesus and a little at a time He started removing them. I was so excited about Jesus and my new life that I bubbled, and was anxious to tell people about Jesus, heaven and hell. Being married to an unbeliever and as more children were born, I began to grow weary. I could not understand why my husband refused salvation and he couldn't stand my new way of thinking and living. I was learning and believed I was maturing, yet satan had a snare, a trap was waiting for me. Twelve years of praying for my husband and being tore down for what I believed was dragging me closer and closer into the enemy's trap:  2Timothy 2:24-26  "And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance,so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will." 4,380 days have gone past. You think I would be walking closer with God, but am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment