Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Bright New Day

This one will be quite long since I really want to move beyond this part of my story. Last time I left it that was at crossroads in my life; I would love to say that I chose the right path and continued my daily walk with God,  but I chose the pleasure of sin rather than the presence of God. 

Luke 15:11-32 tells the parable of the lost son, many know the story but I suggest you go back and refresh your memory. Jesus secured salvation and all the promises of God through His death, burial and resurrection, His very blood cleansed me and made me a joint heir Galatians 3:13-14 says
"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us(for it is written cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree."  that the blessings of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus. that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." and
2 Peter 1:4 "by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."  Our inheritance goes beyond eternal life, it is that we have the promises of God contained in His Word imparted to us through the shed blood of Christ, when we align our life around His Word and His promises. This is what I threw away.

Chasing the world, the flesh and the devil always comes with a price. I was in torment the word rage can not even describe what was going on in me and screaming it's way out. My sinful condition was so grievous that I even tried suicide. Yet, God's mercy kept me.  Still I had come to believe this was my lot in life, no one loved or wanted me, so settled for much less. I sunk deeper and deeper into the filth of the world (the pig pen) I was unfaithful to my God, to Jesus, to the Holy Spirit. I played the role of a harlot and hated myself but couldn't seem to stop (addiction). 4015 days later I came to my senses and began the journey home. I said how can God still love me after all I have done and said, my repentance was real and sincere and just like the prodigal son God was waiting right where I had left Him and as I started back He came to meet me wiped the tears away and washed the filth of my life clean.

I asked God to show me that He loved me and He did. For the next 365 days I sat in church feasting on the Word, I was back in studying the Word, back to establishing my prayer life. Yet, I was very weak from the years of famine so God poured out His love on me by keeping evil from me and me from evil. Supernatural things happened that year to keep me pure of heart, mind and body. Then when I became stronger I said Lord give me the strength to say no, so all of this will be permanently behind me and sure enough He did and a bright new day was on the horizon.

Some would say that by grace I was eternally secure, others would say because I left God I was now lost. This issue I will not debate, I have found many scriptures supporting both. In fact one Is the story of the prodigal son. I will say this God cannot look upon sin, He was not with me when I was playing the harlot in the world. Yet, He is a wonderful Father who kept watch for me to come back to Him and came to meet me when I was on my way. He is a God of second chances. A God who never stopped loving me, my condition is between me and Him. For I am His and He is mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment