Thursday, July 5, 2012

Restored, Refreshed, Recomissioned

Isn't it wonderful that we have a God who restores, refreshes and recommissions. I was restored at the moment of repentance, I was refreshed as I sat in His house, as I studied His Word, and as I built our relationship in prayer.

I began to pray to serve my Lord and to use the gifts and callings He had placed in my life. To walk with God I had to understand the gifts the Holy Spirit had placed in my born again spirit. I already understood that I had the gift to teach His Word, and God was motivating me to study His Word so that I might teach it to others. The opportunity presented itself in the ladies Sunday school class I was in so that I was a co-teacher with one of the other ladies.

Obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit is also necessary in your daily walk (that is an area that I am truly learning more in today, and will speak more of in a later post.) Sitting in church one day they announced that they had a need for a director in the Awana children's ministry; which I promptly ignored, Then God said in my spirit "you do it" and I argued (I do that well) that surely Lord you did not want me to do that I reasoned it was just me wanting to do it and tried to dismiss it. But the Lord said "if it was something you wanted to do there would be no argument", So at invitation God said go tell him you will do it and me being me said do I have to in front of every one can't I do it after church? God said "I will not ask again" so I obeyed and was blessed to be director of the ministry for 8 years and learned how much I enjoyed sharing the Word and Jesus with children. If I had not been obedient to study, to take the position where would I be today? Through prayer God said Linda I want a ministry to begin at an assisted living near our church, so I obeyed and we not only went once a month on Thursdays, but had weekly bible studies and even began a Sunday school class there. A ministry I was a part of for more than 8 years and even though I have since left this church the ministry still continues.

I am going to back up a little, the very first time I remember the Holy Spirit saying to do something was in the parking lot where I worked. You see like some people I didn't mind throwing trash out on the parking lot after all they had a sweeper come every night to clean up. This time when I threw a piece of paper down God said "pick it up" and believe it or not I did any time I would start to throw down something the Holy Spirit would say " don't do it" and I didn't, then I started picking up other people's trash along the way. What if I hadn't obeyed, where would I be today? Fifteen years later I am still obeying this one.

John 14:21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves me. And he loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.

John 15:12" This is My commandment that you love one another as I have loved you."

The entire bible is the Word we are to live by completely and absolutely. Yet we do this in a love relationship with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and that love relationship extends to everyone around us. Let us love one another forgiving one another as Christ has loved and forgiven us.

Today's post ends with two thoughts:
1.Learn what your gifts and callings are. Put them into practice in your life.
2.Obedience to the Holy Spirit's direction is crucial in your daily walk

No comments:

Post a Comment